10.16.2006

My Life As A Teenage Girl

Tonight is my Western Civ class, and we’re discussing The Iliad. This is exactly the reason that I took this class – I’m not ever going to read The Iliad on my own and get any more out of it than, “Huh?” But it was a long, if fun, weekend, and I’ve already driven over the hill once this morning to go to a seminar on employment law in Asia. I only had a few hours in my own bed. I want my soft sheets and towels. I want to watch the Netflix DVD I got today, the Season One, Disc 4 of Veronica Mars. I've basically reverted to adolescence. I know I should study, I accept that going to class would be better for my brain, but what I really want is to go home, lie in bed, eat junk food and watch UPN.

I am logging 40+ miles per week, I’m still in my first few months as an attorney, I’m taking a Western Civ class and preparing for the California Real Estate Brokers exam. Veronica is my brain candy, and the sugar rush is so sweet.

No comments: