10.14.2006

Blogging with baby.

No, not MY baby! What, you think I could keep something like that secret? JNC's sorority sister dropped her daughter Trinity off this morning for JNC to watch while she's at work. I've talked on the phone to Trinity plenty of times, but never met her in person. She's even smarter in person than on the phone!

Watching and 18-month old, even for like 2 hours, reminds me how much goes into raising a child. I can't imagine trying to do this on your own, 24-hours a day. Quite frankly, I have a hard time imagining it with a fleet of support staff at your beck and call. Trinity's a good kid, she's very giggly and smart, and she entertains herself. She seems to entertain herself mostly by ripping up and trying to eat magazines, but still.

Besides eating magazines and talking on the phone, Trinity likes to try on shoes. I was flattered that from the moment of her arrival, she went straight for the shoes I'd brought with me, a pair of sparkly silver heels and a pair of black satin stilletos with pink rhinestones. Like a true Cinderella, she slipped her foot right in the sparkly silver number and proceeded to walk around Jenn's place, showing off her new footwear.

No comments: