6.29.2006

Super, thanks for asking!

A good time was had by all, gay and straight, in SF this weekend.

The Pride Parade was much enhanced by the appearance of SF Mayor Gavin Newsom, who looked fabulous in a block t-shirt, jeans and sunglasses. And the hair? His unfortunate hair gel addiction can be broken with the love and support of a good woman. A good redhead lawyer, for example.



Thanks to the strong Bloody Mary I was served at JNC’s friends’ house, I don’t recall too much else of the parade. I was too busy eating my body weight in bacon. Hopefully we offset the effects somewhat by walking from the BART station at 24th and Mission all the way up past Castro to Fountain street. Less than one and a half miles, but it was all uphill, which has got to mean we get some bacon credit. JNC promised a bacon haiku but I haven't seen it yet.

After devouring most of the brunch spread, we tromped back down the hill to meet FML at the Civic Center. JNC was contemplating a temporary tattoo but I made her abandon her place in line so we could go meet FML. I was in severe FML deprivation, and he needed to be liberated a wanna-be fag hag who was just not up to snuff.

No comments: