6.23.2006

Emotional Barometer

My state of mind is easy to guage based on what's on my current playlist. I realized earlier this week that there was an alarming presence of Kelly Clarkson and Nickelback in the rotation. Taking the "cheese" factor to the redline made me accept that I'm still recovering from TB's departure in April. I thought by the end of June I'd be back to my usual self, more chipper than bitter, but it's taking longer than I expected. I still feel like my heart has been in a barfight. A real barfight - like a Texas motorcycle gang barfight, not a couple of San Francisco metrosexuals shoving each other outside a vodka infusion lounge.

I'm not sure how you speed up the "moving on" process. I think guys do this by having lots of cheap, meaningless sex, which sounds about as unappealing to me as taking a Southern Baptist to the SF Pride Festival. My poor little broken heart just needs more time to heal. And a lot more Mary J Blige.

No comments: