6.09.2006

Secret to Spin Success

I tried the new spin class at the gym yesterday. It's called "Hard Core Cycling" and led to the unfortunate comment that I was "up for anything with 'hard core' in the title." I think I made some new friends that day.

It was definitely tough. That instructor sure kicked out butts. Just when there was no more resistance to put on the bike, she'd yell for more! And she'd just keep pushing us harder and harder. You know, she never event broke a sweat. Of course, that wasn't too tough since she WASN'T ON A BIKE. That's right, folks, the secret to being a tough aerobics instructor is not to do anything aerobic. We were given the excuse that there was some kind of lower back injury, but I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the extra 40 or so pounds she was packing. I'm not sure what's with the instructors at the gym and their prediliction for curly fries is all about, but it''s not very motivating to do all that work and think, "Gee, maybe I can look like... that?"

No comments: