7.24.2007

Make me an offer.

Last Saturday I joined in Nat's yard sale. After carefully spending several days assembling my wares, I made $18 selling a comforter and a couple pairs of shoes. JFJ made a cool $115 selling a Game Boy and an air compressor* that he randomly decided to add to the sale at the last minute. C'est la vie, as the unsuccessful French yard-salers say.

Nat and I got so caught up in the frenzy that we decided to see what we could get for Molly (now 6 months and a hefty 18.5lbs). A couple people wanted to haggle, one woman offered to take her but only if Nat threw in a couple of dishes, but Nat stuck to the price. Many potential buyers were tempted by Molly's sweet demeanor, but declined to make the purchase, citing the high cost of a college education. Eventually Molly's dad found us trying to sell his daughter in the front yard and put a stop to it.


*This is such a guy thing. He pulls up and lugs out of his trunk a huge air compressor. Uh, where did that come from? I have been all over JFJ's apartment and somehow I missed the hidden closet full of power tools. Where was he keeping it? Does he have a secret family somewhere, with a garage full of table saws and wet-dry vacs?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Secret family?? That's laughable.
The fact that I have 3 kids and a wife in San Jose is no secret, it just never came up.

Well you didn't ask, did you?
I hope that's okay.

Anonymous said...

...quite possibly one of the greatest baby photos I've ever seen.