7.24.2007

"...avoid that brass ring like the fucking plague."

For various reasons, the past month has been probably one of the most stressful periods at work ever (yet). That's why I haven't been posting as often. I've been missing workouts and friends, and coming home crabby and stressed out. As the anxiety level has increased, I've become (more) self-absorbed and prone to fatigue and depression. Fortunately, this experience has brought home to me that no matter how much more money lawyers at big firms are making, there is no way I want that life. I can't believe that law schools encourage their students to jump on such a self-destructive path. It's not healthy. Certainly not for me. Even though I enjoy my work, and I like (many of) the people I work with, I just can't imagine regularly working 60+ hour weeks. It's just not how I want to live life. And if that means I continue to be a renter and drive a 10-year old car, well... that actually sounds pretty good.

I'll be so happy when the current insanity level decreases, and my life is no longer the subject of an Onion article.

No comments: