7.30.2007

All creatures great and small

When I was a kid, zoos freaked me out because the cages and the animals prompted an immediate flashback to the opening scenes of Dumbo, triggering Grade A meltdown. Ah, another family trip intended to be educational that all goes horribly awry.

The proposed activity for the weekend includes a trip to the SF Zoo. JNC says going to a zoo without kids seems weird. I don't generally combine my leisure activities with children because they tend to lag after the first few miles and they can't hold their liquor worth a damn. However, I'd still like to go to the zoo. I'd like to get the thoughts of my beloved blog readers on this topic.

Questions:
  1. Zoos: a fun place that educates the public about wild animals and their habitats or a parade of animals being tortured?
  2. Two adults going to the zoo alone. How likely are we to be mistaken for pedophiles or baby snatchers?
  3. Is the format of this post too heavily influenced by the format of a bar exam essay or am I just drunk on $5 wine from Cost Plus (Pinot Evil,baby)? Please cite the relevant Rule of California Civil Procedure in your answer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoos - I'm torn on this one. They seem a bit unnatural and maybe even unkind. I do enjoy the occassional trip to the zoo though (yay monkeys!).

Two adults at the zoo is perfectly normal. Just be aware that you'll spend the entire day avoiding parents who are walking way too slow while pushing their ginormous strollers with their hordes of screaming, obnoxious children in tow. The biggest danger a child-free person poses at the zoo is letting some choice words fly in front of the kidlets when their mommy runs you over with her Hummer-esque stroller for the umpteenth time without so much as an "excuse me."

And as for the format of the post, well, I can't cite a single CA civ pro rule. Good thing I don't have to take the bar again anytime soon!

The Redhead said...

Yes, I think it will likely be one of those occasions where I am happy to be child-free.