7.25.2007

Because it puts the "boob" in "boob tube," that's why.

I've been living a tv-free lifestyle since I last had a roommate in 2003. Not because I have any objections to tv, I love tv (especially The Girls Next Door) but because I'm too cheap to pay for cable if there's no one to split the bill with. Starting in September, I'll be splitting the cable bill again, and I'm wondering what's on these days.

What shows do you make an effort to see? Do you TiVo? Are there any shows you love SO much that you randomly decide to get tickets to a taping of that show, and the next week you and your roommate take 2 days off to drive 400+ miles to LA, arriving at 2am to find out your hotel is occupied by transients and hookers, find another hotel, get up the next day, go to the taping, and then drive 400+ miles home?



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, I think you better tell ME. You're the one who watches the big boobies
on The Girls Next Door.

My list is relatively harmless, I think:

Discovery Channel (just about any show on it)
The Daily Show (i would Tivo)
Scrubs (might Tivo, if i had it)
Grey's Anatomy (i would Tivo)
What About Brian (i would Tivo)
The Office (the only way I'd catch this is with Tivo)
American Chopper
Kathy Griffin
Any VH1 80s show
What not to Wear
Take Home Chef

Sports (yes and nos):
NFL season (i come from a family of football fanatics, so get ready). Yes.
NHL (but it's so hard to catch the Avs unless you have satellite), so very
little watched unless I get hooked on the Sharks. Yes.
MLS - nope
MLB - game on in the backround while I'm bbq'ing is fine, or if it's a
really big game. Otherwise, meh. Yes.
NBA - nope.
Golf - noooope.
poker - maybe when I'm sick in bed. Nope.
Any arena-style-second-choice-crap-sports - nope.

The Redhead said...

That is a THOROUGH list. We will get into (more) trouble with the Kathy Griffin and What Not To Wear marathons.

Brighter Schemata said...

We are addicted to "Lost" at my house. You can watch the previous seasons on DVD or just watch at the beginning of most episode where they do these long "catchups".

Anonymous said...

In addition to GND, I have this fascination with anything involving Hef.

I don't Tivo, it's against my religion.

I generally enjoy info-tainment/"reality-ish"/trainwreck TV. Including any show that involves A-D list celebs at home.

The Redhead said...

I have been getting Lost on DVD from Netflix and it definitely sucks you in. I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Anonymous said...

Here's my must-watch list on the DVR:

24
Prison Break
Man vs. Wild
Dirty Jobs
So You Think You Can Dance
Project Runway
House Hunters International

If I didn't have a DVR, I think the only one of these that I'd make any effort to catch in real time is 24.

The Vegan Tornado said...

Okay:

The Office
Grey's Anatomy (I hate myself too)
So You Think You Can Dance (See above about hating myself)
Top Chef (Wow, I'm a terrible person)
Flight of the Conchords
Golden Girls
The Shield
Weeds
Any Planet Earth specials
Animal Cops: Detroit
Any Sandra Bullock movie