2.22.2007

Quitters

I thought about smoking again today when I saw an ad in the local paper for a quit-smoking program offered through the local LGBT Community Center. It's called "The Last Drag." Ya gotta hand it to the gays, they never pass up a good pun.

Quitting smoking is a difficult thing, and anyone who's going to try deserves our support. Here's some sites that provide facts about smoking and tips on quitting from:
  • The CDC.
  • a coalition of government agencies called, collectively, Smokefree.
  • The American Cancer Society, one of my favorite organizations and one I wish I could devote more time to.

Finally, the ACS also has a site, with information about how you, the friends and family of someone who has decided to quite smoking, can support them (hint: don't yell "Quitter!" at them every time you see them).

No comments: