2.09.2007

Can we talk?

It's Scrumpy's birthday this weekend, and that has me thinking about family. Family I wish I'd known better, like my dad. Now that he's gone, there's a host of questions I wish I'd asked him. But you don't really think about this stuff until you get older. If you want to talk to your family about their history, and about their thoughts on life generally, Real Simple magazine has a list of "personal history" questions here. It's a great resource for figuring out what you want to know. Some of the questions may be difficult, like "Are you happy with the way you and I get along?" and others are fun, like asking your parents to describe their best memory from when you (and your siblings) were young.

If you use any of the questions, let me know how it goes!

No comments: