11.08.2006

Rummy, rummy, you're so fine! You're so fine you blow my mind!

Well, what shall I blog about today? Brit finally comes to her senses and dumps K-Fed? What I had for lunch?

Oh, that’s right. There was an ELECTION yesterday. It’s odd how now that I just vote absentee and don’t really get in on the ground floor, the election just kind of slips right by. I wasn’t even obsessively refreshing my browser all night to see what the stats were. Back when I was a political junkie last night would have been the highlight of two years of pounding the pavement in my local precincts, working phone banks and generally doing things that seem to elicit ill-will from otherwise upstanding members of society.

As I was driving home from the gym yesterday I was playing White House strategist in my head, which I recommend as a way to pass the time. I was thinking to myself that if I were Karl Rove... no, that thought is simply to hideous to contemplate. If I were a random GOP strategist, wouldn't I want to see Rumsfeld go? He's the least popular of any Republican political figure. There is widespread discontent in the amred forces about his failures as a leader. He's the Newt Gingrich of 2006. Someone give this man a sword to fall on! But no, they wait until AFTER the election hands Congress back to the Democrats to decide that maybe it's time for a change. So, let me get this right - you wait until things completely go to hell in a handbasket because you're unwilling to admit that a change may be necessary? Well, that's pretty much how everything alse has been handled, so I guess all I can say is at least they have a consistent strategy.

No comments: