11.30.2006

CMW's Celebrity Playlist

CMW was my law school wife. Her home and her husband are in Sacramento, but in order to go to law school she lived Monday through Thursday down in the lovely Silicon Valley. We took classes together, shopped together, worked out together, and drank enough margaritas to support a mid-size Mexican tequila cooperative. We amicably separated in December of 2005 when I reluctantly agreed that she could move back to live, full-time, with her husband in Sac-town. And after all that time, I only just now learned she is a Sinatra fan! She's classy, this one. It just goes to show, you never really know someone until they send you their celebrity playlist.


Wired to the Moon
Chris Rea
Wired to the Moon

Someone once left a great mix CD in the Bose Soundwave radio in a hotel room I stayed in, and this was the first song on the CD. It's now one of my favorites (and also a great reminder of that vacation). There's no better way to wake up in the morning than to the instrumental at the beginning of this song.

Better Days
Goo Goo Dolls
Let Love In

A good reminder of what's truly important in life. Listening to this got me through the pile-o-stress that was November 2005 - February 2006.

Cindy C.
Prince
The Black Album

Hello, it's Prince! And he's singing my name! Well, kind of sort of my name. You just can't go wrong with a Prince song!

Runaway
The Corrs
Forgiven, Not Forgotten

My favorite day-dreaming song in undergrad. Great vocals and instrumentals.

Here It Goes Again
O.K. Go
Oh No

My current "I love it so much that I'm going to listen to it over & over again until I hate it" song

Short Skirt/Long Jacket
Cake
Comfort Eagle

This is the kind of girl I aspire to be, well, minus the white Chrysler LeBaron! I'm a sucker for songs with catchy lyrics, clearly.

So What
Miles Davis
Kind of Blue

A perfect evening: good food, good drink, good friends, and good jazz.

The Way You Look Tonight
Frank Sinatra
Greatest Love Songs

Like Prince, it's hard to pick one favorite Frank song. This was the first song at our wedding, and it also happened to be playing at the restaurant the night we celebrated our 5 year anniversary - a total coincidence. Hearing it brings back good memories and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.


Freak Me
Silk
Lose Control

Whenever I hear this song, it takes me back - waaay back. The cute boy, the cool car, the butterflies in my stomach every time we went out. And it makes me happy to have been there once, but oh so glad that I've moved on.

Macarena
Los Del Rio
Fiesta Macarena

Admission to Balinese nightclub: free, Tasty drinks: a few rupiah, Teaching dozens of balinese clubgoers a cheesy american pop line dance: priceless! [hangs head in shame]

No comments: