12.01.2006

Brie's Celebrity Playlist

Brie was my constant companion my first year of college. We were equal measures of silly and wild. I was tickled to see a TMBG song on her list, I remember they were her favorite band and she took me to a show when they came to the Price Center at UCSD. We lost contact after college until she found me on Friendster a few months ago. She married her college boyfriend and has a baby girl, Lauren. She lives in LA and does web design.

Learning to Fly
Tom Petty

reminds me of college and hanging out with the guys down the hall. They taught me to play bass to this song.

Dreaming my Dreams
Cranberries

Song I danced to with my husband at our wedding.

Everybody Dance Now
C & C Music Factory

First song I learned to fast dance to in junior high and takes me back

Tears in Heaven
Eric Clapton

Always makes me cry. Clapton wrote it for his young son who died, and I listened to it a lot in early 2005 when I lost a baby in second trimester.

Could You Be Loved
Bob Marley and the Wailers

My infant daughter has decided that she loves reggae and can hear this song endlessly. Before she was born, the song always reminded me of the relaxed time on my honeymoon with a pina colada in my hand and the island breezes in my hair.

River
Indigo Girls

So many good songs by Indigo Girls but this one gets into my soul every time I hear it and I can't help but sing along

Older
They Might be Giants

Have to taunt my friends with this one on their birthdays! Also saw TMBG perform this live several times and they never do it the same way twice.

I Drove All Night
Cyndi Lauper (also Roy Orbison but I like her version)

I lived this for 2 years of a long-distance relationship. Fun catchy song, too!

One Million Miles
Mauzner

Yes, the song from the Volkswagon commercials. Secret vice of mine to blast this song and careen recklessly around at top speeds in my automobile as if on an important wedding-stopping mission (when really just out getting milk.)

American Pie
Don MacLean

This used to be the last song they played at the last dance at CTY every summer and it was the bittersweet sound of going home.

No comments: