12.17.2006

Down Undah

Safely arrived in Sydney and met up with Jim and the other Ya Ya's, the only technical issue so far being that I can't find the card reader for my camera and therefore can't post the freaking awesome photos from the last couple days. In the meantime, Hoov and I are working on our Aussie accents (they're still a little bit like a drunk Cockney) and I'm haunted by all the scenes from Mission Impossible II, which was filmed in Syndey and used it a lot in the movie. So I can't quite shake the feeling that Tom Cruise is going to arrive be helicopter at any moment. Everyone in Syndey seems really tan and really fit... and really happy. I would think it was something they were putting in the water, but this place is pretty great. Maybe they're just happy to be here.

One last note: the entire Australian military shuts down for the month of December. I don't know what would happen while I'm here that would require the mobilization of the Australian armed forces, but it does give you pause, doesn't it?

No comments: