10.09.2007

No, I was just calling to say hi.

I was on my way to work this morning and sitting in my car, waiting for the traffic light to change. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a naked man. I looked again. Sure enough, there was a youngish, slightly scruffy man walking right down the middle of the road. Buck. Naked. He came to a stop to my left and, looking straight ahead the whole time, carefully, even a little primly, sat down in the road and then leaned back until he was lying directly on the double yellow line dividing the street.

This is an extremely busy intersection and, public nudity aside, I was worried this guy would be run over. I called the local police department.

"Santa Cruz Police, are you calling about the naked man on Soquel Avenue?"
(After a brief moment of stunned surprise) "Uh, yes."
"We're on our way."
"Ok, thanks."
Only in this town do they answer the phone, "Are you calling about the naked man?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I wonder how many calls they got....

The Redhead said...

There was another nakes guy a few blocks away the day before. The guy who was arrested that time was 49, so I don't think it's the same one. Lots of stoned naked people in this town.

http://www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us/pd/MediaLog/100807.pdf