10.01.2007

GOY: Girlfriend Of the Year

If there is one thing that gets me the coveted GOY award, what would it be? The fact that as he watched the nail-biting Rockies/Padres game he got to eat freshly-baked cookies? The fact that I want to see We Own The Night for the same reason he does (Eva Mendes is Smoking Hot)? No, it would probably be his birthday presents: the complete DVD set of Indiana Jones movies and two tickets to a Sharks game. On the ice. When I gave him the tickets, I kept pointing to where it said "Row: 1" but I don't think he totally "got" where we were sitting until we were there, with a 1" plexiglass in front of our faces.




Full cups of beer and happy (we had to learn the hard way why you shouldn't put your beer there when the first set of players slammed into the glass and the beer went everywhere).











No more beer?














I have a whole new admiration for hockey players after seeing them up close. The action is lightening fast. Most of my pictures from the game were blurry because the players were moving so quickly but I did get a few that show the action.




In the end, the Sharks beat the Calgary Flames 2 to 1. It was a preseason game, but the Arena was crammed and everyone was really into the game.








Happy birthday, JFJ. The Sharks play some great hockey, but the best team at the Arena that night was us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time I want to be in the game, scoring a goal, and dedicating it to you - TBGFE (the best girlfriend ever)
I'm just trying to figure out how to ice skate and score goals.