5.25.2006

The Definition of Lazy

As part of the strange Leviathan-like rules and policies that form the structure of corporate life, I am required to tape the receipts associated with my expense report to a blank piece of paper and submit them with the report. Unfortunately, I don't have a tape dispenser (or, more importantly, any tape). The last time, I used staples and got a snarky call from Expense Report Lady. Since she does the payin' I don't want to get on her bad side, so I really need the tape. But neither of my cube neighbors have tape. One has a dispenser but no tape (too many business trips?). The other may have tape but she's on the phone and I don't want to go rooting around on her desk while she's actually there. So I just put the expense report on one side and go back to looking for apartments on craigslist.

No comments: