7.03.2008

Would you like some fudge with that?

Back from North Carolina, God's sauna and fudgery. Here's what I have to say, initially: damn, it's hot there. And they eat a lot of fudge. There was a fudge shop in every damn shopping center we saw. JFJ's bag and the surfboards are still in the Atlanta airport because apparently 2 1/2 hours isn't enough time for Delta to transfer them between planes.

Scrumpy made sure to call me this morning and demand that I meet her for lunch and was offended that I was going to work and asked me in a vaguely threatening voice when we were going to get together. Did she ask how my vacation was? Ah, no? Did she think about the fact that we have a mountain of laundry and no groceries so maybe it wasn't optimal socializing time for me? Ah, no.

I will be spending all foreseeable holidays in Colorado with JFJ's family. Because I like them, and they seem to like me, which is more than I can say about the relatives I have in this country.

More about the vacation soon, I just had to get the Scrumpy rant off my chest.

No comments: