5.21.2007

Bay to Breakers Highlights

Before the race, we saw a group of faux "anti-running" protesters advocating walking:



Unfortunately, JFJ gave the camera to a woman with Parkinsons so the photo of all of us isn't great:
I think I'd just call this photo God Bless America: "The Mane Attraction" boy band, complete with boom box belting out cheesy pop tunes:


The lovely "ladies" of Hooters, along with Paris Hilton in her jail outfit:




Needless to say, I couldn't get through the weekend without shaming myself at least once. The night before the Bay to Breakers we stayed at a hotel near SFO, so we could take the free airport shuttle and then BART into the city. We had a Ya Ya dinner in the Mission and I drank several gallons of sangria before we took BART back to SFO. We were waiting for the hotel shuttle to pick us up (I don't know what time it was, but we must have been on one of the last BART trains) and we were near International Arrivals. Remember at the beginning and the end of the movie Love Actually where there are real scenes of joyous reunions at London Heathrow? Well, a plane had just landed from Somewhere Far Away and there were some joyuos reunions involving very old people, small children, and much embracing. And people, I lost my shit at San Francisco Airport. I just started bawling. I don't know if it was the alcohol or the stress of trying to get everything organized for the race and getting around but I was absolutely sobbing. And drunk, which is always really classy. Drunk chick crying at TOTAL STRANGERS in airport. As Paris Hilton would say, "That's hot." But I got up the next morning at 6am and we completed the Bay to Breakers in hula skirts and feather boas so who are you to judge me?

No comments: