4.26.2007

Our parents never had these problems.

Despite the fact that I haven't had an active profile on Match.com for several months, I continue to get almost daily email solicitations from them. They also send me the weekly report of "My Matches," people they think I'm likely to take my pants of for, or eventually procreate with. It kind of concerns me because JFJ is presumably getting these emails, too, since I originally met him on Match (albeit as a running buddy, but the point is that my boyfriend gets delivered to his email, on a regular basis, profiles of single women who live nearby and are looking for a man!). As I pondered this, it occurred to me that the Match former-member email marketing might work a little better if they actually geared the emails more towards our demographic. Emails with subject lines like, "Has she stopped putting out already? Upgrade to one of these!"

Today, a Match email invited me to take a test that started by identifying the relative lengths of my fingers:


The email promised that, "Using engaging questions like this, we determine your personality type and then provide you your most compatible matches." Wow, I'm really impressed that Match takes such a studied approach to pairing people up. Am I more or less likely to take my pants off for someone whose index finger is roughly the same length as their ring finger?

When I joined Match, my hand actually looked like this:


What do you think that says about my personality?

No comments: